Lab Technician (f/m/d) 100% – Hørsholm, DK
We combine best-in-class capabilities from our two founding partners, including extensive know-how in developing, upscaling and manufacturing live bacteria, strong capabilities in pharma contract manufacturing, and outstanding formulation and drug delivery technologies, including the unique enTRinsic™ capsules.
Bacthera operates from its headquarters in Basel (CH) and has development and production facilities in Denmark and Switzerland. Bacthera is the first contract development and manufacturing organisation (CDMO) to provide a full supply chain that offers manufacturing of live bacteria for therapeutic use for biotech and pharma customers.
For our site in Hørsholm (DK) we are seeking an experienced and dedicated
Lab Technician (f/m/d) 100%
A challenging and exciting position in Strain Intake & Safety, where you will find a unique combination of tasks, both in a development and a well-regulated GMP environment. Together with the rest of Bacthera’s employees, you will help to enable the use of living microorganisms in the treatment of a number of diseases – e.g. diabetes and inflammatory bowel disease.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Receive and register new strains
- Plan and produce development cell banks and document the processes
- Produce cell banks according to GMP
- Document and perform production work in accordance with GMP
- Work with anaerobic bacteria in a controlled atmosphere (isolator / glove box)
- Perform various analyzes in connection with cell bank production
- Assist in the development of assays to identify and characterize new anaerobic strains
- Collaborate closely with scientists in the development of protocols, method optimization and evaluation of analysis results
- Ensure that the work is carried out in accordance with applicable safety regulations (BSL2, GMO, APV, etc.)
- Participate in the operation of the laboratory and ensure that equipment is maintained, checked and calibrated
- Document and report the production of development cell banks
- Provide support to other departments as needed
- Participate in the establishment of new processes and procedures across departments, incl. SOP writing
- Attend relevant team and scientific meetings
- You are a laboratory technician with solid experience with microbial cell cultures.
- Experience with establishing cell banks is an advantage.
- You have experience in growing and maintaining bacterial strains.
- Experience in growing anaerobic bacteria is an advantage.
- You also have experience working in a GMP production environment, and thrive in a GMP environment.
- Current knowledge of relevant safety regulations and their use in the laboratory is an advantage (e.g. EHS, biosafety, risk assessment, etc.).
- You can communicate fluently in English, both verbally and in writing.
- You prefer to work in a team but can also work independently.
- You are well organized, efficient and motivated to achieve goals and deadlines.
- You are responsible and focus on completing projects.
- You have an eye for details, and you are good at documenting your work.
- Last, but not least, you contribute to a good work environment by both listening and sharing your views.
You will be based in Hørsholm (near Copenhagen), Denmark and will report to the Head of Strain Intake. Are you interested to work for an innovative, dynamic, and future oriented start-up company? If you are looking for a new challenging role, where you can create things and leave your footprint, send your full application to Ms. Sandra Gamboni, Head of Human Resources; firstname.lastname@example.org.