Laboratory Technician – Microbiology (f/m/d) 100%
Bacthera is a leading contract development and manufacturing partner (CDMO) for biotech and pharma customers. We enable our customers to bring life-changing treatments to patients. We operate from our headquarters in Basel (CH) and have production facilities in Denmark and Switzerland. We bring together best-in-class, complementary capabilities and we are the first CDMO globally to provide a full supply chain that offers manufacturing of live bacteria strains for therapeutic use.
We are looking for a Laboratory Technician with a strong background in microbiology to support our cell banking and analytical development activities. You will join our Development team located in Hørsholm, Denmark. In Development we focus on developing processes and methods that can be transferred into our GxP facilities.
CREATE YOUR OWN FUTURE AS
Laboratory Technician – Microbiology
My main tasks will be…
- Perform analytical experiments with the aim of developing new analytical methods or perform routine testing. This includes CFU, contaminant testing, qPCR, measuring on fermentate (OD, pH, microscopy) and flow cytometry.
- Cultivate and preserve bacteria to produce research cell banks (RCBs) following our standard procedures.
- Support the monitoring and maintenance of cell bank inventories.
- Conduct independently RCB testing using pre-established protocols and procedures.
- Cultivate challenging strict anaerobic bacteria inside anaerobic gloveboxes.
- Make sure the laboratory facilities, stocks and equipment are well maintained.
- Participate in the development of new SOPs and protocols.
I bring with me…
- A laboratory technician education (laborant uddannelse) and 3+ years of microbiology experience.
- Hands-on experience with cultivation of bacteria.
- Experience with microbiological related analytical methods such as CFU, contaminant testing or flow cytometry.
- A can-do attitude with willingness to take on many new challenging (non-routine) tasks as well as routine work.
- A structured work approach with attention to detail.
- Solid communication skills in English.
My reasons for choosing Bacthera…
- Innovative and fast-growing start-up company with short decision-making processes
- Flexible working hours
- Motivated, agile and multinational team
- Interesting and diversified tasks
This is the opportunity to be part of a fast growing start-up company, where decisions are taken fast and where you can actively participate in shaping our future. If this sounds exciting to you, we are looking forward to hear more about you.
Please send all your documents (motivation letter, CV, letter of references, diplomas, etc.) to Ms. Sandra Gamboni, Global Head of HR, email@example.com. Application deadline: 2nd of September 2022. You can submit your application in Danish or English.
We are looking forward to your application!