Project Manager (f/m/d) 100% – Hørsholm, DK / Basel, CH
We combine best-in-class capabilities from our two founding partners, including extensive know-how in developing, upscaling and manufacturing live bacteria, strong capabilities in pharma contract manufacturing, and outstanding formulation and drug delivery technologies, including the unique enTRinsic™ capsules.
Bacthera operates from its headquarters in Basel (CH) and has development and production facilities in Denmark and Switzerland. Bacthera is the first contract development and manufacturing organisation (CDMO) to provide a full supply chain that offers manufacturing of live bacteria for therapeutic use for biotech and pharma customers.
For our site in Hørsholm (DK) or Basel (CH) we are seeking a motivated and experienced
Project Manager (f/m/d) 100%
You will drive coordination, planning, and execution of development and cGMP production projects across Bacthera. This is an exciting opportunity to lead the progression of customer projects and programmes from the proposal stage through to completion by interacting with clients, technical teams, and the commercial team. This role provides program direction and manages timelines and project controls across internal functional and organizational lines as well as with external clients. The ideal candidate possesses strong and effective project / programme management, problem solving, and interpersonal skills and has a proven track record working cross-functionally across a wide variety of technical, business, and operational areas.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Plan and manage the project flow end-to-end, including project scope, proposal writing and contract management, planning, execution, delivery, completion, and review.
- Communicate with prospective customers during contract negotiation to optimally understand their requirements and manage expectations from a scope and timing perspective
- Develop project plans and timelines based on customer needs and target product profiles and support long-range forecasting and planning activities
- Build effective project teams, manage day-to-day communications, report project progress to key stakeholders, and serve as the liaison with customers
- Secure execution of milestones and deliverables to meet the required specifications on time and within budget
- Manage project risks, flag issues related to resources or competencies and proactively develop plans and recommendations to overcome delays or address drift from the original project plan
- Prepare project change orders with input from key stakeholders if needed
- Provide necessary program direction for planning, organizing, developing, and integrating projects across multiple functional areas
- Strong experience in building and using scalable CRM, ERP and project & programme management tools and systems. Drive the development and implementation of new project processes and tools and train the organization in using them
- Collaborate closely with colleagues in Operations, Quality, and Finance to secure timely execution of customer projects, incl. planning, sign-off of deliverables, and revenue recognition
- Develop / secure skills, expertise, and knowledge of project management tools in the Operations and Quality organizations set the pace and format for data inputs and reporting
- Mentor and develop project team members
- Advanced-level degree (preferably a PhD), within biotechnology, microbiology, manufacturing, bio-process engineering, or similar
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant pharmaceutical or biotech industry experience in CMC process or analytical development and/or GMP manufacturing
- Experience in a Contract Research Organization (CRO) or Contract Development Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) and S&OP is preferred
- Experience with microbial (e.g., live biotherapeutics, probiotics), biologics or cell and gene therapy products, processes or analytics, and tech transfer is required
- Knowledge of clinical trials and regulatory contexts is advantageous
- Solid leadership experience in driving and leading large projects and managing multiple stakeholders in different areas and businesses (biotech, start-ups, big pharma)
- Provide leadership and vision to build a scalable project management framework to achieve Bacthera’s goal to be the leading CDMO in the live biotherapeutic product sector
- Solid knowledge of proposal, contract and budget management and a strong drive and commitment to drive customer and internal projects forward
- Result- and quality oriented. Able to deal with conflicting interested and willing to make trade-offs and compromises to ensure progress
- Ambitious, yet team oriented and able to lead and motivate cross-functional teams
- Experienced in setting up scalable systems to manage projects, programmes, and resources
- Experienced in using project, portfolio, and resource management tools as well as setting up project management tools and knowledge of contract and proposal management is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate with customers and colleagues across functions, organisations, and cultures.
- Flexibility to travel between Swiss and Danish sites is required
You will be based in Hørsholm (near Copenhagen), Denmark or Basel, Switzerland and will report to the Head of Project & Portfolio Management. Are you interested to work for an innovative, dynamic, and future oriented start-up company? If you are looking for a new challenging role, where you can create things and leave your footprint, send your full application to Ms. Sandra Gamboni, Head of Human Resources; email@example.com.